The Actron CP9180 AutoScanner Plus OBD II Diagnostic Code Reader/Scanner encompasses many professional features in an inexpensive scan tool. This handy tool connects to your vehicle, scans various parts of your car, truck or SUV, and retrieves a list of diagnostic trouble codes and code definitions from your vehicle’s computer. But even if you’re a veteran to scanners and auto repair, you’ll be impressed with the new functionality that Actron has added to the CP9180. The tool not only scans your vehicle, it also allows you to freeze-frame live timing and pinpoint your vehicle’s problem. Instead of having to recreate a scenario over and over again, you can now playback the timing to scrutinize all the data and make a clear diagnosis. Combine this with Internet connectivity and the ability to interface with a PC, and you have a powerful, professional diagnostic scanner in the palm of your hand. This device is compatible with all OBD II compliant vehicles manufactured in North America, Asia, and Europe from 1996 to the present.
* Professional OBD II Scanner Tool designed to retrieve diagnostic codes in all 1996 and newer OBD II compliant cars, light trucks, SUVs and minivans – North America, Asia, and Europe.
* Extensive OBD II code library built into the scanner tool.
* Large, Easy-To-Read backlit screen displays and records live sensor data, trouble codes and definitions.
* The menu options can be displayed on unit in 2 different languages: English, and Spanish.
* Fully updateable via the Internet and designed to accommodate future vehicle makes and models.
* Captures and displays Freeze Frame Data – helps to troubleshoot problem.
* Includes USB cable to generate, print and save detailed diagnostic reports and update the tool via the Internet.
* TrueLink Technology assures a fast and accurate diagnostic output.
* Included OBD II cable provides both data and power connections.
* Vehicle information (includes VIN # and calibration IDs)
* Battery powered for review of vehicle data off vehicle.
* OBD II drive cycle mode.
* State OBD II Check (emissions) and also displays O2 monitor test.
The Actron CP9180 AutoScanner Plus OBD II Diagnostic Scanner Tool is equipped with TrueLink Technology, a proprietary new technology which guarantees that the entire range of Actronâ€™s AutoScanner OBD II diagnostic tools will link to and communicate with every OBDII compliant vehicle (all vehicles sold in the US since 1996 are OBD II compliant). TrueLink, based on patented hardware designs and software algorithms, has undergone testing on millions of vehicles and has proven to be the most effective scan tool communication technology yet developed.
Easy To Use:
The Actron CP9180 AutoScanner Plus is very simple and easy to use. Both the OBD II cable and USB cable are included! The OBD II cable provides both data and power connections, while the USB cable offers a quick and easy way to connect your scanner to your PC. In addition to connecting to the computer for Internet updates, you’ll also appreciate the USB connectivity because it makes printing DTCs and other information a breeze. Once the Actron CP9180 AutoScanner Plus is connected to your vehicle, the user friendly menu provides a variety of information in a snap.
The Actron CP9180 AutoScanner Plus displays freeze frame data, O2 monitor tests, state emissions, and even records and displays live sensor data so you know what’s happening with your vehicle as you make adjustments. The Actron CP9180 AutoScanner Plus features a large, easy-to-read backlit screen that shows the trouble code and its definition. And although you still have to fix the problem that your scanner detects, this device will deactivate the “check engine” light on your dash so you’ll no longer be distracted while you drive.
A very important thing to remember is that all emission testing facilities will fail a vehicle that has the “CHECK ENGINE” light illuminated at the time of the test — even if it is only lit to remind you of a past-due oil change or 60,000-mile tune-up. With this scanner, you can shut off the check engine light and pass the emissions test on your terms. The menu also alerts you of any pending DTCs and reads the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) status. By reading the MIL status the scanner gives insight into what might cause your “check engine” light to turn on in the near future. In this way, the scanner also provides some preventive measures to help you keep a close eye on your vehicle’s systems. These functions, combined with the simple keypad used to read, erase, and navigate DTCs, make the CP9180 scanner a perfect solution for identifying problems with your vehicle and keeping you safe on the road.
* Actron CP9180 AutoScanner Plus Tool
* OBD II Serial Data/Power Cable
* USB Data Transfer Cable
* Soft Carrying Protection Case
* Professional Companion CD
Please enter in your comments about this item, your past experience with this item, or any other general comments in regards to this item.